This week Elizabeth Taylor, ERSA CEO, met with the DWP and raised members’ concerns about the possible impact of the coronavirus on the sector.
Points raised were:
- Ensuring government guidelines on COVID-19 do not damage businesses within the sector
- Cash flow implications and the vulnerability of providers if contracts cannot be delivered
- Ways to keep cash flowing into the sector
- Performance and outcomes may be adversely affected, providers must not be penalised
- Removing obligations of face to face meetings
- Self-isolation and attendance of both staff and customers
- Voluntary provision and people not attending/ participating
- The role the sector will play in future economic recovery
The DWP stated their intent to release a statement on COVID-19 and Employment Support Delivery in the very near future that should address ERSA members’ concerns, explain contingencies, and should reassure.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional concerns to those above.