The TUC has produced a guide for their Union Learning Reps (ULRs) to help them work with young people to support them develop career plans through career kickstart reviews.
While the guide is aimed at ULRs the information it contains will be of value to anyone involved in the provision of information, advice and guidance.
Kickstart reviews are designed to provide support to young people, start a conversation with them about their career plans and give them the best possible start to their career.
Career kickstart reviews provide a range of benefits. Young people will be able to:
- identify transferable skill think about potential career pathways
- build confidence and motivation
- consider progression opportunities and the support needed to get on at work.
Union learning reps (ULRs) and union reps will be able to:
- reach those young people who have had little careers advice
- help young people develop confidence in making decisions
- encourage them to become active union members.
Employers will benefit from the increased motivation of staff, employees with higher skills, and reduced staff turnover.
This guide provides support and resources for ULRs and other union reps to deliver career kickstart reviews. It offers:
- underpinning knowledge
- contextual information
- the basic theory behind IAG
- a suggested structure for reviews
- information on resources and signposting.
Use the link below to download the guide: